Skip to main content

Heart to Heart

 





I’ll start with what Dr. Bhosale defines as cardiophobia: “an intense fear of heart diseases… patients often experience chest pain, palpitations, or breathlessness and immediately think it’s a sign of a serious heart problem.” His words land like a punch to the diaphragm—because who among us hasn’t felt our chest tighten in panic and thought, This is it. The end. Spoiler: More often than not, it’s hot air, not myocardial infarction.

He lays out a smart prescription: “Consult a Cardiologist… Educate yourself… Practice relaxation techniques… Limit health‑related searches… Seek mental health support… Stay physically active." That checklist reads like common sense with the weight of a cardiologist’s pedigree. But commending knowledge and actually absorbing it are two different beasts.

Which brings me back to my former weekends—days blurred by late‑night mirrors and lines, chasing illusions of invincibility. Each powder line whispered, “You’re special, untouchable”—until Monday slammed me with a hollow stomach and a heart pounding with shame, not adrenaline. My own chest-tightening panic was a mischievous cousin to cardiophobia—same symptom, different trigger. Dread is dread.

Dr. Bhosale warns against the Google abyss: “Constantly searching for heart disease symptoms online can increase anxiety. Trust your doctor and avoid self‑diagnosing." Too true. My Coke‑fueled Googling was less “heart health” and more “am I dying?” each time my heart raced or I couldn’t sleep. Anxiety becomes a hall of mirrors when fueled by ill‑chosen midnight searches.

He also urges relaxation: “deep breathing, meditation, and yoga can help calm your mind and reduce physical symptoms.' Funny—during blackout Saturdays if someone suggested I meditate, I’d snort with laughter. Now, deep breaths in silence are my actual Sunday morning drug. No high, but a far less painful comedown.

Dr. Bhosale isn’t just putting lipstick on the anxiety pig; he’s proposing an all‑in life‑shift: medical clarity, mental health, and lifestyle tweaks. That holistic angle hits home. I shifted too—swapping weekend junk for dawn workouts, chemical illusions for the clarity of honesty. I’ve rebuilt my rituals from substances to sunrise stretches, from hiding to showing up. And it’s quieter, more satisfying.

Here’s the metaphor: Cardiophobia is a false fire alarm—it screams danger, but when the fire engines arrive, there’s no fire. My weekend habit was its twin: alarms ringing for a threat that wasn't real, until I let myself binge on desperation and silence the noise. I learned that replacing fright with facts, rituals with routines, fear with faith in self are the real cures.

Dr. Bhosale’s article ends on hope: you don’t have to live with this fear. With doctor‑verified reassurances, self‑education, grounding practices, and support, cardiophobia can morph from terror to an occasional whisper—not a life sentence. I’ve lived that transformation. I faced my demons—chemical and psychological—and found they weren’t invincible after all.

If you’ve ever felt your chest seize and thought oh god it’s happening, know this: it’s possible to walk out of that darkness. My weekend demons are gone, my heart still beats, and Dr. Bhosale’s tips are a practical beacon through the panic. Breathe deep, stay curious, check the data—but don’t live in dread.

Read the full article here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Books

  My Books **Discover Worlds Beyond Your Imagination**   Step into the library of my mind—a place where stories run wild, characters come alive, and each book is a doorway to a different world. From the crackle of a freshly turned page to the glow of your favorite device, these tales are waiting for you to dive in.   Imagine holding a map that leads to laughter, heartbreak, mystery, or adventure. That’s what you’ll find here—books that whisper, shout, and sing. Each one is crafted with care, shaped by midnight musings and coffee-fueled mornings.   Amazon may be the bustling metropolis where most of you stop by, but these stories stretch far and wide—Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, and more. No matter where you like to read, there’s a seat waiting for you.   Ready to explore? Click “My Books” at the top or bottom of this page and see what’s waiting for you. Each book is a ticket. All you have to do is choose your destination.   My Books

Friends

  We didn’t drift apart because of time or geography or the natural entropy of adulthood. We didn’t lose each other the way people like to pretend happens—slowly, blamelessly, no fingerprints left behind. We distanced because of me. That’s the truth, plain and ugly and necessary. I was the weather that kept canceling plans. I was the silence that followed invitations. I was the one who learned how to disappear without technically leaving. In college, we were inseparable in the casual, unexamined way that feels permanent until it isn’t. Adam, Alex, Dane, the Nu—names that once felt like a single sentence.  We moved through those years shoulder to shoulder, arguing about nothing, caring about everything. We loved stories more than reality then, especially the kind where fellowship mattered.  Adam and I loved  The Lord of the Rings  with a seriousness that bordered on devotion. We believed in chosen family.  We believed in staying. I didn’t keep that belief. A...

Demons Within

  “But…I do believe in demons. They exist within us, in the recesses of our souls, waiting for every opportunity to pounce on our hearts and minds, and to feed off the misery that we can create for ourselves and others.” -Bill Dillard, Demons Within   Everybody has demons. Everybody. Some people hide them better than others, and some people have yet to even become aware of their existence. But they are there, at least in some capacity. Some people’s demons aren’t really that bad, and aren’t excessively problematic or obviously destructive. Some, however, are so damaging and blatantly ruinous that if they are not dealt with head-on, the prognosis for the possessed is truly perilous. Jails, institutions, and death is a common phrase amongst the afflicted, and the phrase is referring to the ultimate endpoint for the sufferer, when said demons are left unchecked. These deadly demons to which I am so ominously referring are the demons of addiction, alcoholism, and menta...